Monday, April 16, 2012

Summer's Room

"It's not doing the things we like to do, but liking the things we have to do that makes the difference" -Goethe
I'm starting slowly... but here is what I'm starting with.

1) Start the day by making beds. Everyone helps.
2) Don't start the day by asking God to bless me. He already has. Instead, ask, "How can I bless today?"
3) Start by using what I have.

We are re-arranging the whole house, and Summer has chosen to have her own room. This is so exciting for me because I could decorate it Summer style.

She's my daisy. Flowers is her style.

 Hanging flowers over her desk. I'm not sure why the calendar says March.

I painted this chair sloppy style last night so it would just get done. She is in love.

They worked super hard on paper flowers. We glued them on cardboard panels and used whatever paper we could find.

Summer also likes candy. This is her picture of a lollipop she did a few weeks ago.


Everyone helped me with this curtain for her bunk bed we made from an old flat sheet.

 We sewed panels, sewed on buttons, and drew pictures with sharpies. Summer did the stems and leaves.
The skinny panels were from scraps. they are used to tie the curtain back.



These are origami flowers made from scrapbook paper. I'm not done with this yet....

So now I have ONE room that I am almost in love with.

Today I'm thankful for:

1)Ellie is here!
2)Wonderful weather!
3)New visions

No comments:

Post a Comment