Thursday, December 1, 2011

Waiting


As we shopped in the used book store the other day, Mom and I rummaged through old play scripts. She picked up a book of advent plays. A perfect touch to our advent envelopes.

The first advent play, and our activity for today, was themed "waiting"

Waiting for the prophecy to come true.

The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light as dawned. Isaiah 9:2

For unto us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

People waited for hundreds of years before it came true. And then it did.
Do you think they just gave up?
How many kept the faith?



Mama has been sick once, twice, three times. Today was hard. Yesterday in my journal I wrote: "Tomorrow I will bless your socks off. It has already been commanded."

I looked around in my kitchen, which was a disaster due to painting the cabinets, and stayed that way due to feeling sick.

"Will this ever look clean again?"
"Will we ever have the chance to move?"
"Will we ever see financial peace?"
"Will my prayers ever be answered?"

And a faint but very real reply said, "It has already been commanded. It is done."


The kids enthusiastically decorated construction paper trees.

More messes were made.

Max was introduced to his first coloring book.

He just wanted to line up the crayons.

Mom and Dad are tired.

Deep in thought while washing a load of dishes, Savannah came up behind me to share one of her many stories. I caught a glimpse of her smile.

So many prayers have been answered.




And until the realizations of my answered prayers show themselves to me, I shall wait. In hope and expectation, not giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment