Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas Trees

I woke up today not wanting to get out of bed. And I didn't. I kid you not. It was 1:00 before I even had glasses on.


Isn't it great to have older kids? There was enough food available. The movies kept streaming in. I feel awful still. And I knew what was in that #2 envelope, waiting. There was not way around it.

So I slept all day to get enough energy for this.

We cleaned half of the living room- just to mess it up again.

There were no lights- at least that I know of since I have packed up half my things thinking that I would have moved by now.

So I went to CVS to find some lights. Mind you, I looked like I've been sick in bed all day. I thought there was a stocking cap in the car that I could use to mask part of my disgustingness. But there wasn't. I'm pretty sure the checkout lady was avoiding looking at me.

But we did it. We have a tree.




At least I have a happy family.

Yes, there is at least one forced smile in this photo.

Yes, I'm still using my phone as my camera.

Yes, that is a  hands and foot reindeer on my tree leftover from last year.

Yes, the reindeer brought some squeals of joy.

Yes, they are in pj's- the same ones they wore all day long.

And yes. I am glad we did it. And so are they. And maybe even Sook.

And I am wiped out.

No comments:

Post a Comment