Friday, December 11, 2009

The Middle Child




I'm a middle child. I have an older sister and a younger brother.

My middle child won't talk a lot, just like me.

Some people call her shy, like they did me. Why do people think quietness = shyness?

I named her Summer because I figured she would be a middle child, just like me, and I thought she should have a fun name. I think Summer is a fun name.















She wasn't feeling all that sick, but she was wheezing, and I've seen that go from bad to worse quickly before, so we went to the Dr.

We saw the doctor, she answered the questions she was asked, took deep breaths and said, "aaaaaahhhhhhh" when prompted.

She followed me down the hall to check out, and got some smarties from Megan...she's so nice. Then we had to get x-rays.

She followed me down the elevator, to the outpatient check in....sat an waited.....they got all of the insurance, addresses, co-pays.......

She asked a few questions and looked around, watched people.

As we sat and waited for the x-ray, she asked, "What is the name of this hospital?"
"Menorah"
"That's a beautiful name. I think it's a girl's name."


"Mommy, I want to work here some day."
"Really? What job do you want to do here?"
"Hand out candy."

Quiet people....if they are not talking, they are thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment