Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Shopping

Part of my Christmas gift to the girls is to give them money to buy something for someone else. We draw names. For the last few years, we just went to Wal-Mart all at once, split up, and found something. I gave them $10 each and whatever was leftover we gave to the Salvation Army bell ringers. That's why we went to Wal-Mart, because they still let the ringers there.

This year we did it a little different because I didn't have my Mom's help. Instead, I took each of them one at a time. I uped the amount to $15.

We thought it through, how much it would cost, what the other person would like, which stores we needed to go to....and yes, since I am one of those homeschooling moms, I make everything about learning! :) But it was fun, too.

They came up with really good ideas. In the past, they have gotten very excited about their gifts to each other. I hope this year will be the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment