Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Thrilling



"Jesus Christ is always unyielding to my claim to my right to myself. The one essential element in all our Lord’s teaching about discipleship is abandon, no calculation, no trace of self-interest."-Oswald Chambers 


What I've learned, however, is that when we do let go and surrender everything,

"Faith is absolute trust in God - trust that could never imagine that He would forsake us." ~Oswald Chambers 

along with the nearly insane mindset of trust,

No matter the circumstance, the Word of God is true- Let's say what God says: I do not lack, for my God supplies all of my needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19) I trust in the Lord with all my heart and I do not lean to my own understanding. (Proverbs 3:5)
In all of my ways I do acknowledge Him and He directs my paths. (Proverbs 3:6) -Joe McGee Ministries


knowing all of my needs are met by the one who knows me better than I know myself,

"The miracle is not that we do this work, but we are happy to do it"- Mother Theresa

and I come to a place where sacrifice begs enthusiasm,

"Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls" -Mother Theresa

and then beyond where joy is a necessity,

"If we desire our faith to be strengthened, we should not shrink from opportunities where our faith may be tried, and therefore, through trial, be strengthened." -George Mueller

the fruit of the spirit becomes a fierce weapon,

"Nine-tenths of the difficulties are overcome when our hearts are ready to do the Lord's will, whatever it may be. When one is truly in this state, it is usually but a little way to the knowledge of what His will is." -George Mueller
 
and we wonder how anyone would survive otherwise,

it is then that we know One that has sacrificed honor and comfort for us, desires every part of us, delights in the raw beauty within us, has done everything in His power to beckon us, has prepared a purpose for our unique skills, lavished us with perfect promises, thrown our mistakes to the bottom of the sea, and has taken our humble sacrifice that is ourselves, refined them with fire, and produced a life beyond anything we could have come up with on our own strength. For He made us, and He knows what we really want and need.

As a woman, this is the place I must come where discontent stops and perfect peace reigns. My husband could not do this for me, but in this place his purpose for me is cherished, and mine for him. This is where true love can start- for God, for my spouse, for my children, and all relationships. I want this to be a constant truth in my life, and I pray in my daughter's lives as well.

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. We love Him because He first loved us. If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen? And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also.
                                                                                                          1 John 4: 18-21

No comments:

Post a Comment