Friday, September 21, 2012

Learn

My brain may be different than most- or, at least different than a prize pupil. Learning in a classroom was typically a chore until I was sitting in the Spanish classroom, right outside the Moorish style courtyard fountain in Granada. I was there, living it. And even though my Spanish is very poor today, I did learn so very much, and loved learning it.

The funny thing is, my mother was an excellent teacher- I just never knew I was learning. Most of my ideas stem from her influential parenting.

Even now, my love for learning has exploded. Therefore, I am biased, bent on teaching with as much enjoyment and immersion as possible.

For example, the Overland Park Arboretum:


"Let's take a picture under the willow tree!"


Breaking for art





Super fancy poses

Counting stepping stones

A quest to find blue flowers

Daddy giving Max a hard time

He made my day



 



"This was the second best day of my life!"
"What was the first?"
"Uh, I don't know...."
And what did we learn? It's 2am. That will be my next post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment