Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011

I'm just itching to make some resolutions. 2010 was an incredible year for me personally.

I realize most people don't think resolutions work, and I agree. But we have to start somewhere, right? And what I have realized is that what is on our heart to do starts with a thought..sometimes a random, sudden thought that sometimes turns into something huge. I have ignored those thoughts in the past but they come back over and over so I might as well do something about it.

If you read my blog often, you know I can't do much without help. Last year taught me that's okay, I still need to shoot for the moon. Well, maybe not the moon. My goals need to be measurable and attainable. There are only 24 hours in a day. Here we go:

I need to make exercising a priority, starting with twice a week. More would be better. Let's start with twice.

Maintain a clean house. Make a schedule and stick to it! Do things when they need to be done.

Get up before the kids and enjoy some alone time reading, praying and planning.

Read, write, and draw on most days...let's start with four.

Update my menu and stick to it.

Get published, one way or another.

Budget. And follow it.

Try to look good. I know, not measurable. I just feel good when I think I look good.

Drink my 8 glasses of water a day.

Treat others like they are royalty, to the best of my ability, even when I don't feel like it.

Treat God like he is my best friend, because He is. The last two are not measurable, more of a mindset. I don't want to make it a religion, just a way of life.

I'll pray over this and leave the rest up to God. Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment