Thursday, January 6, 2011

Back In The Swing of Things

I started off my day (well, after dressing everyone, breakfast, and piling into the car) with studying Esther. This has to be one of the best stories ever told. It's not overly spiritual...more like behind the scenes mighty but subtle acts of God... I can relate. Well, minus being a queen and all the parties and the threat of death....but I can relate to the behind the scenes mighty but subtle acts of God. You can find it in the Bible. In the book, Esther.

It is so beautiful when you have been going through a super tough patch and something happens that leaves you stunned, unable to move because it is the most wonderful, romantic thing anyone has ever done for you...and it was God that did it. I'm not crazy, and if you don't believe in God I can't explain it to you. But I can't deny what I've learned from the lover of my soul.

Here I go again...I didn't mean to get on bunny trails. This study goes in depth about the history and writing of Esther.


We came home and ate burritos, then I took a nap while the girls wrote stories.

We went to gymnastics. Always a good time.

And finally, we went home, ate, drank hot chocolate, read fairy tales, and got ready for bed.

Max loves this book.
He likes to flip open the eggs at the end and say "NO" and "yes". Then he giggles hard, takes a deep breath, and does it again.





He also likes this one:

You can listen to the song here

Sandra Boynton is a genius.



I think we're back in a routine. Back in the swing of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment