Until I realized that I'm a dietitian! I write menus all the time when I'm at work so why wouldn't I do the same here? It helped so much. I have a very loose 4 week cycle. I'm working on updating it now. Interested?? Here are some menu writing pointers:
- Go through your recipes and start jotting them down in categories: Entrees, sides, desserts.
- Create a table for one week; breakfast, lunch, and supper.
- Start with the entrees. Fill something in for each meal. Try to consider kind of protein source for variety, cost, and amount of time it takes.
- Then fill in sides. Go for a variety of color. Try new veggies. They should fill up 1/2 of your plate!
- Don't worry about getting it perfect at first. Mark the meals that really work with a highlighter and make changes to the ones that don't.
- It's okay if you don't follow it exactly- the point is that you will be prepared for something each meal of the week!