Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Hangover

Not really, but that's what it feels like.

Stayed up late because it was a family night and Sook was actually home. Baby woke at 7:30. Every one's gonna want to eat. I have a headache. Summer left her roller blades on the deck and it looks like it might rain. I just want to crawl back into bed and for just a moment be free form any responsibilities. And the fact that it's Mother's Day doesn't help. Ticked off about the whole thing since last night when I was at the grocery store and saw everyone in line with the cheap flower bouquets that will die in less than a week. Yeah, thanks a lot.

What I really want for mother's day is a reset button that cleans up whatever mess I've made once a year. Bills paid, house clean, makeover, laundry put away, bank account balanced with a little extra...or a lot extra if I'm wishing anyway. But that won't happen.

You know what? I'm going to heaven someday. I'm not sure what that will be like but I think it might be kinda like a reset button except I won't make the mess I've made here. I've heard there are mansions there. I'd like to think mine is like the Alhambra near the ocean. Look me up- I'll show you mine if you show me yours!:) And since this life is so very short compared to the time I'm gonna spend in my Alhambra, this is nothing. In fact, the harder it is here the more we'll appreciate it there. Focusing on Jesus and what he has done for me takes away any reason to complain.

Mothers are necessary and a good one is invaluable. I have a good one. They sacrifice everything and become their child's world. One day of thanking isn't near enough!

By the way. I got a nap and a cup of coffee while the children played at Playplace McDonald's. The best gift EVER! Thanks, Sook!

No comments:

Post a Comment