Time for a taste test! I use a simple chart that I keep for the girls when we try something new. We use the same chart, one for each girl
Name of food....... Do you like it?
The first reaction was that 2 liked and 2 did not. I had put the arils in a bowl. I guess that was a mistake. Later when the girls saw me picking the arils off the fruit, they wanted to try that and all 4 ate it!
It was sweet and gushy, kinda like a Fruit Gushers with a crunchy middle. They asked to buy more.
- Summer chose a new food and was excited about it.
- It's okay to not like it, but it's great that they tried it.
- We used descriptive words
- It was a lot of fun!
How to cut a pomegranate
1. Cut the top off about 1/2 inch from the crown.
2. Score the skin at each section (there will be 4-6)
3. Separate at each score and pull out individual sections
4. If you wish, loosen arils over a bowl. But if you are like my kids, you can just pick them off and eat.