Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My Sketch Book


I love artsy stuff! I have always loved drawing, painting, pastels...anything to do with arts.

I met my friend, Sheri about 8 or 9 years ago..a real professional artist!! I was so excited, but I hid my enthusiasm so I wouldn't scare her away. :) I love hanging out with Sheri because we could talk for hours about something like crayons...the way they smell, our favorite colors, weather we peel the paper off or leave it on...

A couple years ago, she showed me her sketch book. What a privilege! I was so excited I started one of my own. Here are a few of my pictures.












About the same time I was involved in a small group in church that was studying a book called The Creative Call by Janice Elsheimer. I realized I had a yearning to be creative that I had stifled because I had come to the conclusion it was silly.

I need to read that book again.

This is one of my joys.

My kids draw daily. They have a sketch book, but we save that for only certain projects. They could go through it in a day if I let them. Go ahead, doodle with crayons, markers, colored pencils, whatever you like!

A word to the wise: if any of your children are not yet past the writing on walls stage, you might want to hold off on the oil pastels. Magic Eraser won't get it off!!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I am so glad I found your blog! I love your art. It makes me want to get to work. I, too, rediscovered some of my passions recently. I love to write. Need to make more time to do it, but it really is a passion of mine.

    Your blog is so much fun! I will be back!

    "Mrs. Nurse Boy"

    ReplyDelete