Tuesday, November 10, 2009

If Mama ain't happy...

It really isn't fair. But it's so true. If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

A short night, teeth cleaning this morning that left my mouth aching. Baby sick for the first time, (always terrifying), cleaning up messes...and then the horrible cycle of Mama's not happy, can't fill the love tanks of her kids and they become more needy, causing more work for Mama.

I remember yelling at the top of my lungs one time (not my finest hour), "When do I get to be in a bad mood?" When do I get to feel sorry for myself? When do I get a time out? Who is gonna calm me down when I am hurt? (BTW, you should have seen the look on my kid's faces when I said this. They went from meltdown to quiet confusion.)

Three thoughts:

1. This is my job. Get over yourself, Wendi. You signed up for this. You signed up blindly, but you signed up. Too late to back out now.

2. I need to do a better job of taking care of myself. Not because I deserve it, but because everyone will benefit from my joys.

3. Nothing is ever as bad as it seems. The only reason I can say this is because I trust in the almighty God, who has given me his promise, and he keeps his promises. So, who is going to take care of ME? Well, God of course. So I can give everything to help others and in turn I will get more grace.


'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, just to take Him at His word...



1 comment: