Monday, February 20, 2012

Life.



It's the easiest science experiment of all time. Plant a seed, watch it grow.

But somehow we miss the significance of it.

A small seed has the power of life.

A rock cannot grow a plant.
A lump of clay cannot blossom.
A computer cannot replicate what lies in this small, abundant specimen.

Life.

****************

A man's stomach shall be satisfied from the fruit of his mouth;
From the produce of his lips he shall be filled.

Death and life are in the power of the tongue,
And those who love it will eat it's fruit.
                                                  -Proverbs 18:20, 21
*****************
God spoke the world into existence.
Jesus killed a fig tree with his curse.
And stilled the waters with a command.

Words are powerful.

They can give life or death. I want to choose life. I want to grow and blossom. I want my family to experience everything they are intended for. I want them to be blessed.

Yet as I resolved to do this just this morning, I was challenged. Because as I make my plans to move back to the place of my childhood, I am reminded of death.

Death to my dreams. Death to my spirit. And I cringe. I remember words spoken over me that killed me as a young child. How was I to know they were lies? This death took it's toll on me.

No more.

Jesus has resurrected my dreams, he has energized my spirit, and spoken endless blessings over me.

And I cannot remember these words any longer, I cannot let anger fester, I cannot be defeated, and I will not return death to this place.

And I will fight to keep it out of my home. If this makes me different, so be it.

I want life in my words, life in my music, life in my smiles, life in our activities, life in our frustrations, and life in my family.
And I will resolve to make my home open to anyone wanting life as well.

Choose life.


Today I'm thankful for:

1. My new camera (did you notice?:)
2. Forgiveness
3. Menu planning

No comments:

Post a Comment