Saturday, April 3, 2010

Fears and Joys

Why would anyone in their right mind choose to bring a child into this world? I think about that every time I am about to have a baby. That poor little soul will have to endure heartache, confusion, rejection....what else have I missed?

This place is really horrible. I don't have to give examples to convince people of that. Just watch the news.

There is also a great deal of beauty on planet earth- and beyond.

You know, Jesus really wants fantastic blessings for our lives, despite the ugliness surrounding and sometimes inside us. He has given us exactly what we need for success but sin makes it really hard to see that at times.

The Bible talks about refining fire, perseverance, and patience. Throughout it the theme of overcoming hardships make the rewards so much more enjoyable.

The hardest thing in the world is to see you child or someone you love suffering and you cannot do anything about it. Rest assured, the potential for tremendous growth is worth every tear shed.

Would you appreciate a monetary gift more if at one time you had to live without?

Would your prayers before a meal mean a little more if you have had to skip a few?

I still would prefer to never see my loved ones suffer. That is when I must (and encourage them to) turn my eyes upon Jesus. His perfect plan has fantastic endings- sooner or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment