Monday, January 18, 2010

Whiskey Sticks











We received a total of 1,000 Bendaroos for Christmas. They are kinda like Wiki Sticks, but Savannah calls them "Whiskey Sticks" instead. Don't worry, she doesn't know what Whiskey is.... yet.































I wanted everyone to make something tonight. I didn't think they would choose the hardest ones to make! Frustrating!!!!



But yet they were great. They stayed focused. The instructions say things like, "make a cylinder out of the blue building sticks" or "cut off 1/3 of a stick", which makes them learn while they have fun.





Brooke was the exception. She took all of the 800 left over Bendaroos and piled them up high to make a cake. She was so proud.













"Look Mommy! I make this cake all by mysewf. I didn't need any hewp!"














"Daddy is going to be so happy when he comes home!"





"Wook Max! Do you wike my cake?"



I like Bendaroos because:






























They don't spill on the floor (easy to pick up)





Reusable, if you don't want to keep the cake on display



Fine motor


Problem solving



Creativity


And learning, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment