Monday, January 18, 2010

Whiskey Sticks











We received a total of 1,000 Bendaroos for Christmas. They are kinda like Wiki Sticks, but Savannah calls them "Whiskey Sticks" instead. Don't worry, she doesn't know what Whiskey is.... yet.































I wanted everyone to make something tonight. I didn't think they would choose the hardest ones to make! Frustrating!!!!



But yet they were great. They stayed focused. The instructions say things like, "make a cylinder out of the blue building sticks" or "cut off 1/3 of a stick", which makes them learn while they have fun.





Brooke was the exception. She took all of the 800 left over Bendaroos and piled them up high to make a cake. She was so proud.













"Look Mommy! I make this cake all by mysewf. I didn't need any hewp!"














"Daddy is going to be so happy when he comes home!"





"Wook Max! Do you wike my cake?"



I like Bendaroos because:






























They don't spill on the floor (easy to pick up)





Reusable, if you don't want to keep the cake on display



Fine motor


Problem solving



Creativity


And learning, of course.

1 comment:

  1. Winter has returned. I do not like because I can not stand the cold. But wearing loud clothes also quite interesting. I look like a cute bear
    www.facebookbaixargratis.com.br

    ReplyDelete