Friday, October 26, 2012

Song and Verse

I have decided that progress equals utter destruction of my house.

I got so much done, and at 2am it looked like a tornado going through. It was 2am because I had to clean up after the progress, and that is the time I gave up. At 2:30 someone came down to my room, announced she was not feeling well, and threw up on the one clean spot in my bedroom.

And that is what my days have seemed like for some time.

And my kids have been n-a-u-g-h-t-y!!!

And I have felt a little achy.

As I was digging through loads of clean laundry on the floor, hoping that a spider wouldn't decide to show itself (I know they are in there), looking for a clean pair of underwear for my 3 year old who peed in bed at the crack of dawn, I started singing an old hymn, "Blessed be the name, blessed be the name, blessed be the name of the Lord."

I smiled, and in my thoughts I said, "even when I get woken up way too early, even when I can't clear a path to my bathroom, even when my washing machine is about to die, even when I have no idea what's for lunch, even when.... still I will bless the name of the Lord."

You can say it in almost any situation:

Even when I can't find my keys.
Even when I am the homeschool mom who can't control her kids in Goodwill at noon on Friday.
Even when colored sand is spilled all over the kitchen table.
Even when I say something seven times and no one heard me.
Even when the one thing I put on my to-do list... and I only put one thing on there because I wanted to make sure that it got done.... even when it didn't get done.

...still I will bless the name of the Lord.

Habakkuk 3:17-19
Though the fig tree may not blossom, Nor fruit be on the vines;
Though the labor of the olive may fail,
And the fields yield no food.
Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, 
And there be no herd in the stalls--
Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation.
The Lord God is my strength;
He will make my feet like deer's feet, And He will make me walk on my high hills.

 I am thankful for songs and verses that ring out in my mind to fill me with the truth of what is really important.

Bless the Lord.




Psalm 103:

Bless the Lord, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name!

Bless the Lord, o my soul, And forget not all His benefits:
Who forgives all your iniquities;
Who heals all of your diseases,
Who redeems your live from destruction,
Who crowns you with loving kindness and tender mercies,
Who satisfied your mouth with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

The Lord executes righteousness and justice for all who are oppressed.
He made known His ways to Moses, His acts to the children of Israel.
the Lord is merciful and gracious, Slow to anger, and abounding in mercy.

...He has not delt with us according to our sins, Nor punished us according to our iniquities
For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great is His mercy toward those who fear Him;
As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us...

...the Lord pities those who fear Him. For He knows our frame; he remembers that we are dust...

....Bless the Lord, Oh my soul!



The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
Its time to sing your song again
Whatever may pass and whatever lies before us
Let us be singing when the evening comes.

Bless the Lord!

Thank you, God, for song and verse

No comments:

Post a Comment