Sunday, May 27, 2012

Be Still

Currently, the commotion around here is more than I like when I write, but appropriate for a small house with five children (my niece, Ellie spent the weekend with us). The good thing, though is that I usually have mulled everything over enough that I think I can get it down.

Writing helps me organize my thoughts. I've found it essential to making anything of what is in my head. Sometimes it is in a journal or a word document or a note to someone- or in blog form.

Today, with plenty of interruptions, I will get them down in abbreviated form as a result of thoughts that came in silence. God has given me big dreams with adequate talents. Anything lacking is made up for with dependence on his powerful plan.


We celebrated Pentecost today, which was a nice addition to my thoughts. Which is, in a nutshell, that whenever God reveals something to me in His silent voice, it is quiet in my physical surroundings and in my thoughts. Be still and know that I am God. I thank God for the gift of the Holy Spirit.

So my challenge for this month (a month long goal for myself because most of it will not be spent in my own home) is to create a relaxing place to be still. I'll probably have more than one to accommodate different situations.

I love my deck as the sun is coming up in the morning before the household awakes. Couple that with a cup of coffee and I have a great start. It would be even better if I could get in a walk around the block...

We've moved our room to the basement, which I plan to make into a little studio for Sook and I- a place of refuge, probably a quiet time after lunch.

Every one's favorite spot in the house is on the couch in the living room. This is best for me right after the kids go to bed- so I'm available if they need me prior to falling asleep. Right now my living room is jumbled- very lived in but not so relaxing.

In a lifestyle filled with noise, activity, and interruptions, Mamas need quiet time. In a world where there is too much to do and too little time, quiet must be coveted, even fought for. More is accomplished, visions are created, prayers are said, and purposes revealed. The soul, mind, body, and spirit will be blessed. And a happy mama= a happy family.

1 comment:

  1. great little lesson (*big lesson) for moms on Wed night, bring it if you are in town and share! MORE than adequate talents, I would add, Wendi! Love and blessings, Barb

    ReplyDelete