1. Yesterday is on the top 20 list of the worst days ever. If you don't count the sixth grade. However, I had too many people wishing me a great day today to let the awfulness linger.
2. I went to work today again. I'll be going all week long. I have always loved my work, but this time around I find myself missing my kids when I am there.
3. When I got home, there was a note for me to get my best dress on. Savannah always has a plan. I didn't really want to change, but I loved how excited she was to surprise me.
4. After my dress was on, she took me to her "beauty spa" (basement bathroom). She got out a large cotton ball, told me that I would look good with purple make up on, dipped the cotton in the purple, and gently rubbed it on my cheek. She was so proud. I looked abused.
5. Sook took them to get a balloon and cake while I was at work. Maybe that sounds minor, but not too many guys would take the kids out to the store just to get a balloon and cake. I love that guy.
6. Another one of their fab presents was about 25 drawings, all folded and taped very securely. Savannah helped me unwrap them.
7. I have had some great birthdays, but no one has ever been this excited to treat me. Well, except my sister. Anyways, my kids really do love me.
8. We ordered a giant Venus fly trap online. Savannah and I hardly can wait.
9. Summer said that we should celebrate my birthday all week long. She also asked if I would get mad if she served me cake.
12. If I do paint, it has to take less than a few hours and be done at ridiculous times.
13. My house that I am going to build someday has a studio in a sun room.
13. I didn't cook today. I'm not even sure what everyone had. (Besides the cake). I'm sure they found something.
14. I received my "essential oils starter kit" today. What a wonderful surprise!
15. The kids got the bathroom floor all dirty, so I got to make a floor cleaning solution using my oils!
16. I also scrubbed the entire kitchen floor and even moved the refrigerator. My house smells like grapefruit.
18. I decided that I would rather spend money on a vacation than a floor.. if I have to choose.
19. Vacations are better than ovens and dishwashers, too.
20.This little guys almost always makes me smile.
22. Then Summer cooked them for him. I guess that is what they ate.
23. Baths. A good time to clean the tub, or so they say.
24. Sook came home in between jobs and ate leftovers in the kitchen with me.
25. He talked about boxing. He also asked how my work was.
26. Marriage is sometimes enjoying boring things together.
28. I can't believe it... I can't wait to clean something else.
31. This is what I look like on a typical day in my mommy clothes.
32. I have very few pictures of myself. I have been trying to do a better job of having a few since the kids may want some one day, or so that my great grand children will know I have not always had white hair and a face full of wrinkles.
33. Oh, alright. This is what I really look like.
I am blessed.