Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Love?

We needed to have a serious talk about love.

So I sat them around the table and we read 1 Corinthians 13- the part about what love is. We had a good, wholesome conversation about what it really is and and gave examples of how not to be selfish and boastful and how to be patient and kind.

My middle daughter has a way of not appearing to pay attention. She was doodling the entire time. In the middle of everything, she proudly marched up to me and presented me with her list of the fruit of the spirit. I guess our talk about love inspired her.

Now, I get dozens of sheets of paper aka "artwork" given to me each day. Some are impressive, some are sloppy scribbles, but all are given to me with the intention of receiving praise in return. I love children's art. I always want to praise their efforts in one way or another. I try not to laugh....

But sometimes it's harder than others. Even when you are in the middle of "the love" talk.



No comments:

Post a Comment