Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Brain

I have more photos from Ellie's crazy fun birthday, but it took so darn long to put them on here. AND I lost a little excitement when we had a hard time re-acclimating to a normal not-so-fun life.

After the super duper day at the Arch, we went to the Butterfly House, came home from St. Louis, Ellie went and spent a few days with Grandma, and then we came to get her. Our visit included a trip to the pumpkin patch. Then I had to tell her "YOUR BIRTHDAY IS OFFICIALLY OVER!" and crashed.

I have about 10,000 things to do in this house but what I really want to do is shine my pennies we soaked in vinegar.

And the craziest thing of all (drum roll)
Never in a million years would I have ever decided it would be better to move back "home", but it suddenly sounds completely appealing. It hit me two or three days ago that my life would be so much easier...and why wouldn't I like easier? At this point, the only thing I would miss are really, really good friends. We shall see how the cards fall. Maybe in a week I'll go back to "not in a million years".

You know, I get so excited about home school and over plan. Then I get frustrated and worried and turn into a monster. Then I can't understand why everyone is fighting. Even Max is getting out spoons from the kitchen and spanking everyone....not that I ever would do that! ;)Now I'm back to simplifying. They really do learn more that way. I wish I could remember that somehow.

I was so filled with joy yesterday and today....blah. Go figure.

To summarize: Simplify. Don't always think the hard way is the best way. Fun times are hard work. Do what you want with that bit of info. Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment