Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Home Part 2

Now that I have just given myself permission to focus on home, I have a renewed desire for a different home. One where I can't see the neighbor's house but might see a few deer run across my back view. Maybe a dog? A cat? Fishing?

A garden. Definately.

I don't know when the opportunity will present itself, but I'll be ready when it does. I have a big chunk of my house decorated in my mind.

Until then, I still love this home. It's a great place to work on creating my ideal home. Practicing. Home is the theme God has given me to focus on. A church group talks about "How to Have Heaven In the Home".  In my prayer time, I've re-prioritized a bit.

I want to keep writing children's books, but I will do it with the kids, not away from them. They inspire me and I can imagine how their illustrations would fit in perfectly. Then, we will self publish- and if anything ever comes of it- great. If not, we're gonna have a ball doing it.

Home should be where they feel safe. Safe from uncontrolled anger, safe from hunger, safe from the weight of the world. (And safe from their parents' weight of the world). They know they are loved unconditionally. It's a place where they can freely mess up, learn from it, and still carry no added burden. When each member of our house enters, they should know our excitement that they've graced us with our presence. It should be welcoming in spirit...I'm still working on physically welcoming. Peace should flow through each room. A refuge.

It's a place to learn all sorts of great things! This is the best place for children to be prepared for the adventures of adulthood- character, morals, values, and skills. My higher education enhanced what I had already learned at home. I have no idea what my children will choose to be but I am certain that it will stem from one thing or another about this home. Conversationalists spring forth form everyday life- at home.

Need I say more? I have no argument against a mother working outside of her home- I've done it myself. It should be done if that is one's calling. I do, however, have an argument for someone that thinks a stay at home mom does not produce anything, or does not contribute to the world. A very big argument.

A home that reflects the glory, peace, joy and love that comes from heaven produces a happy family and happy members of that family which in turn produces productivity. God bless our homes.

The LORD is my shepherd,
He gives me everything I need.
He lets me lie down in fields of green grass.
He leads me beside quiet waters.
He gives me new strength,
He guides me in the right paths for the honor of His name.
Even though I walk through the darkest valley,
I will not be afraid.
You are with me.
Your shepherd's rod and staff comfort me.
You prepare a feast for me right in front of my enemies.
You pour oil on my head.
My cup runs over.
I am sure that your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life.
And I will live in the house of the LORD forever.
Psalm 23

No comments:

Post a Comment