Today we did watercolor paintings from berries.
We used blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries.
To make watercolors:
- Take 1/2 cup of berries (fresh or frozen, thawed. We use frozen because it's cheaper)
- Pour in 1/4 cup water.
- Take a potato masher or fork and mash them up.
- Strain the juice into a plastic storage container.
- Take watercolor paper and draw a picture with markers, if you want.
- Then paint! Be sure to protect clothes and floor!
Summer and I did hearts
We also ate berries while we painted.......
Max is mad because he wants more blueberries
It's official. We like berries, just like the bears.
Other berry ideas:
Make Strawberry Ice
1 15oz container frozen strawberries, slightly thawed.
approx half that (1 cup) water 1/2 cup superfine sugar
Blend in a blender well. Then detach the blender pitcher and stick the whole thing in the freezer. Freeze for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Stir once more then blend again, serve.
Your favorite blueberry muffins, blackberry pie, or raspberry tart.
Or a mixed up berry smoothie:
2 cups yogurt
1 cup milk
1 cup mixed berries
2 pkg Stevia
Mix in a blender, enjoy!
Go Berry picking!!!!!!!
Go on a hunt for wild berries but be sure to know what you are trying before you taste...........
Discuss what animals eat berries
and eat and eat and eat more berries!