Friday, March 14, 2014

Encouraged

(From biblegateway.com)

1 Samuel 30:3-8

New King James Version (NKJV)
So David and his men came to the city, and there it was, burned with fire; and their wives, their sons, and their daughters had been taken captive. Then David and the people who were with him lifted up their voices and wept, until they had no more power to weep. And David’s two wives, Ahinoam the Jezreelitess, and Abigail the widow of Nabal the Carmelite, had been taken captive. Now David was greatly distressed, for the people spoke of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and his daughters. But David strengthened himself in the Lord his God.
Then David said to Abiathar the priest, Ahimelech’s son, “Please bring the ephod here to me.” And Abiathar brought the ephod to David. So David inquired of the Lord, saying, “Shall I pursue this troop? Shall I overtake them?”
And He answered him, “Pursue, for you shall surely overtake them and without fail recover all.”

God is good. There is always hope. So please, if you are in despair, strengthen yourself in the Lord, because I'm almost certain your problem isn't as bad as having your city burned with fire and your family taken from you and four hundred men planning to stone you out of sorrow.

Thanksgiving, guarding against fear and worry, and a whole lot of prayer strengthened me today.

Max looked at me last night and said, "Mom, we are now going to go to bed so we can get up, watch Buck Denver, and then go running in the park."

So that's what we did. How blessed am I? I could join the retired people that can go to the park mid-morning for a walk or run or fishing. To run side by side with my four children, Max in step with me. And when we walked back, he grabbed my hand and held it all the way to the car.

We stopped to examine a hollow log. "Maybe someone slept there last night." I imagined.

"A baby bear!" Summer joked.

Max said matter-of-factly, "no, a baby skunk."

"I don't smell skunk"

"Well, it's probably a nice baby skunk."

A nap.
Italian basil chicken and asparagus.
Art night.
Pippi Longstocking Plays Tag with the Police.
Handel.
Banana bread with Brooke.
A peaceful heart.






Circumstances will change, and hope will pave the way.

Romans 5:5

New King James Version (NKJV)
Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

 

1 comment: