Saturday, December 4, 2010

Go Nuts!

I can't find the connector thingy that puts pictures on the computer so no pictures until I find it.

My kids are making me listen to the Christmas Station on the radio, so I am forced to listen to John Tesh. He made me feel guilty about using the real names and faces of my kids. I'm not going to change any names, but I might tone down the pictures, at least until this guilt wears off. Or until I find my USB.

While I was at the grocery store the other day, I saw a huge display of nuts in the shell. Impulsively, I bought them along with the nut cracker kit. I got so excited with the idea of teaching the kids about what the nuts looked like before they were shelled. I also knew how much fun they would have trying to open the nuts.

Just I had planned, Savannah spent nearly 45 minutes cracking open nuts, digging them out, and trying them.

In my plans, however, I forgot to take into account that I have a 17 month old that turns everything into a ball. He climbed on top of the table and started pitching the nuts in every direction- against the window, under the couch, and OUCH! at Mama.

It was educational and fun. And, as always, comical. Go nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment