Thursday, July 5, 2012

Selfish Irony



I glanced down at my Bible commentary, and this is what I read.

"Christian hospitality differs from social entertaining. Entertaining focuses on the host- the home must be spotless; the food must be well prepared and abundant; the host must appear relaxed and good-natured. Hospitality, by contrast, focuses on the guests. Their needs- whether for a place to stay, nourishing food, a listening ear, or acceptance- are the primary concern. Hospitality can happen in a messy home. It can happen around a dinner table where the main dish is canned soup. It can even happen while the guest and host are doing chores together. .Don't hesitate to offer hospitality just because you are too tired, too busy, or not wealthy enough to entertain."


We are afraid to minister because we might not do it exactly right, saying it is for the other person's sake when really, it's all about ME. Selfishness.

I have so much to learn. For now, I am free to bless people where I am at. In a messy house with only a little food. And so are you. You are free. Go bless in the midst of your imperfect life.

No comments:

Post a Comment