Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Best Kind of Beauty

There are different kinds of beauty. Some anyone can see. Anyone can point out the vivid colors of the tropical landscape or the style of a well groomed person.

But I think the best kind of beauty takes a little effort from the observer.

There are times that I would like to be at a beach somewhere....

But it is a shame to overlook the beauties from where I stand.



Obesrving snake eggs.

And dancing butterflies.

Playing hide and seek amoungst gigantic spherical rocks


Riding a 110 year old carousel
(Abilene, Ks)





Roaming around old courthouses
(Chase County)

and their jails.


Trying hometown favorite foods.


Exploring the Prairie





Staring at wide open spaces.




Imagining what history was like.



And searching for the unexpected.

Dull is what you make it.

I choose beauty.

1 comment:

  1. I've been to those rocks with Silas and my Mom! So cool!

    ReplyDelete