I was trying to find out if the original of this recipe was in the old Ebenfeld cookbook- but I can't find it! *GASP* Mennonites are pretty good cooks! I need to have it in my collection!
Oh wait! I think it was in my Mom's "Meals at the Field" cookbook. Excellent for harvest time. It is also excellent for a busy day just at home.
1. Tear a piece of foil for every serving.
2. Form hamburger patties. I stick to the rule that a serving of meat is about the size of the palm of your hand...or the palm of whomever is going to eat it. Place each patty in the middle of the foil squares.
3. Slice veggies. Onions, carrots, and potatoes. I added broccoli for color and to add a little more nutrition.
5. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bring sides of foil up to wrap in food, leaving a small gap for steam to escape.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour. I would check it around 45 minutes, though. I thought mine got a little done.
Be careful when you open these for steam. Let cool a bit before serving.