Sunday, April 14, 2013

My Very Own

"Mom, I wanna read the Yo-Yo book." (book about the letter Y)

"Ok, go get it."

(Brings back 2 books)

"No, I want TWO books."

"Ok."

(We read two books)

"Alright, we are done."

"No, no. I want....(holds up fingers: one, two, three, four) I want FOUR books. That's one more."

"No, that's two more."

(BIG smile..)

"TWO more?"

(Runs over to get his two books)

We have our very own blessings that God gives us. They are unique and intentional, but often missed because we are too busy coveting a blessing meant for someone else.

My very own gift wrapped blessing from God (besides the blessing of my family) is the fact that I have been able to spend so much time with my children. Laughing with them, reading with them, teaching them, and just seeing them as people. People that will soon discover what their very own blessing is. No amount of money could ever replace the joy this fact has given me.

I thank God for my family and the gift of being a (mostly) stay at home mom, that my husband shares my desire for this, and that I have a loving, personal God that planned this just for me.

What is the blessing that God intended for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment