Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Such Is Life Part 2

Who can hope to "arrive" or be successful? None of us is able to say, "yes, I have." It helps us to accept our own weaknesses, or own needs, our own limitations. We have to operate within the limits of what is possible. It will never be perfect. But it is wonderful not to be merely swept along by feelings and circumstances.         
 From For the Children's Sake by Susan Schaeffer Macauly          

This pretty much sums up the attitude I want to have in my house.

One devotion from My Utmost for His Highest said that the process is what is important and not a final goal.


Yesterday's post was me coping with the reality of life. Things happen. Expecting the unexpected tends to make it a little more bearable.


Today I want to "set my mind" on things much happier. Here are some things I can always be thankful for:

  1. Inquisitive minds. The fact that children can think up such wonderful questions alone can make teaching them so much easier!
  2. Hope. What would we do without it?
  3. My husband that makes up for what I lack. He can provide order for me in the middle of a chaotic day within 15 minutes.
  4. Humor. Kids have plenty of it and it breaks tensions around here quite often.
  5. Blue skies. If there is nothing else to appreciate, we can always marvel at the sky.
  6. Music.
  7. Books.
  8. Hugs.
  9. People.
  10. Truth. Surrounded by many damaging lies, there is truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment